Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Night-time Potty Training

My 4 year old son is fully potty-trained.  We are now working on my 3 year old daughters potty-training.  She began the 3 year old class at preschool in the fall.  She needed to be potty-trained to be in there.  We started sending her to school in her big girl undies with an extra change of clothes, just in case.  There were a few accidents, but little by little they became fewer and far between.  I think that being in the  3 year old class helped with potty-training because they had regular bathroom breaks and she saw other kids her age going potty on the toilet.

We are now halfway through summer and she is wearing her big girl undies all day long.  We still put a diaper or pull-ups on her at night time.  I prefer the diaper because it costs less than a pull-up and she does not get out of her bed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, so there is no need for her to learn how to pull them up and down like big undies.  She gets enough practice during the day. Most mornings she wakes up with a  dry diaper.

She may be ready to wear underwear overnight, but I don't know if I am ready for that.  We do have a waterproof mattress protector on her mattress, so that helps.  I think I will wait a few more months for her to wear undies at nighttime.  Plus, I need to use up all the diapers that we still have.  Most likely, we will switch her to big girl undies once we are done with our Costco-sized box of diapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment