Saturday, November 27, 2010

Taking a break from underwear

We will be taking a break from putting underwear on my son for the next several days.  I called the Dr and she told me that there is a virus that is going around the area that causes diarrhea and vomiting in little ones and it should last 3-5 days.  My son has the diarrhea part.  We had to throw away three pairs of underwear yesterday because of it.  My 1 1/2 year old daughter and 3 year old son are still going pee on the potty, but we have not had any poop on the potty yet today.  We were told to feed my son very bland food while he has the virus.  They recommended the BART diet:  Bananas, Applesauce, Rice and Toast.  They told me to stay away from milk products and citrus fruit and fruit juice and to give him Gatorade or Pedialyte to keep him hydrated.  They also said not to give him any anti-diarrhea medicine because the diarrhea is the body's way of flushing the virus out.

No comments:

Post a Comment